how can I run this soundfonts????

OstiaMan

Hi,

I first wrote this in the MIDI forum, but since this is a cakewalk forum maybe I could get answers here...

Im not that really good working whith MIDI, but I've been using soundfonts in cakewalk and a soundblaster live with no problem. those I use in cakewalk are "soundfonts bank 2.0".

how can I run "sfpack" files?
is this another soundfonts fomat?
can I use them in cakewalk with my old soundblaster live, and how?

thanx!

howdy :cool:

well as a former soundblaster user during my first recording, here's i can share.......

Your cakewalk sends MIDI signals and triggers a certain Soundfonts stored in your soundcard. (1-128 patch). An SFpack is another set of soundfont bank(1-128 patch). The question is how do you load this new bank? You need to download the Vienna soundfont editor to open the soundfonts stored in your souncard at www.soundblaster.com driver page. You can edit, change, replace any sounds stored in your soundcard. Remember when you load a new SFPack, all the sounds from 1-128 in your soundcard will be lost and you need to reinstall your soundcards driver. If you want only a certain sound to be replace like (piano1 or string2), just use the vienna soundfont and replace the .WAV files stored on a certain patch. This explanation applies to SoundBlaster Live. You can select or switch any SFpack you like without opening a Vienna Soundfont when you have a Soundblaster Audigy. That make you easy. Well Enjoy and dont forget to eat potatoes.

Jerberson Rulz...Guitar eat potatoes ngarf ngarf!!!!

thanx Ill try that!
Soundblaster Audigy I will also take a look at one of those =)
and about the potatoes, Im from Puerto Rico we dont eat that much potatoes, just rice and beans.... every day..... =\

thank you very much for you help!!!

OstiaMan said:
how can I run "sfpack" files?
You need to "unpacked" it first to use it :) Follow the link moskus posted, and get the SFPack utility :)

OstiaMan said:
is this another soundfonts fomat?
Well, it's just compressed...

OstiaMan said:
can I use them in cakewalk with my old soundblaster live, and how?
When it's unpacked, you'll get regular soundfonts file (*.sf2). Attach it as usual... Follow moskus' first link... :)

;)
Jaymz

Back