How Can I post Music of my own making?

Are they mp3 format, or even .wav format?

There are a few sites that you can go to to do that.

Look at Nowhere Radio.com or sounclick.com. There are several others if you google mp3 hosting sites.

You can also go to Myspace.com and create a musician account... they will let you host 4 songs and will automatically play when someone loads your page. also includes a flash player on your profile to let people check em out "jukebox" style.

later,

-Chris

Good Thread!!

I too am about to get my Studio off of the ground, and have been looking forward to posting a lot of clips and songs in the near future.

Thanks for all of the links and info!!

Now how exactly do you go about uploading a song/clip to one of these sites......is it sort of automatic like there's a browser feature on the sites that lets you select a folder/file from your PC?

Is there any connection limitations?...say for someone with dial up? :o

Thanks,
Rick

Free hosting sites

Werner,

That's exactly right -- they alsmost all have an "upload" function that let's you copy music from your computer to their servers via a browser. A dial-up connection may mean it takes a little longer...

Soundclick.com, myspace.com, ourmedia.com, garageband.com, and CNET's mp3.com are all good free hosting sites. There are a ton available, though some allow a maximum of 2-3 songs.

-M

You may want to consider how many songs you will upload before you make a decision. Does anyone know any other site that has no limit on uploads besides Soundclick?

Fieva said:
You may want to consider how many songs you will upload before you make a decision. Does anyone know any other site that has no limit on uploads besides Soundclick?

I think I posted here before..
http://musichost.taaviaudio.com

Unlimited uploads, FTP availability, no bandwidth limits.
Doing it for guys like you.. so you can take an advantage of it :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Back