how can I erase 30 seconds of my cubase project

extendedping

Newbie here...I have a project (song) that I have decided I want to cut out part of a lead from. basically I want everyting that is between bars 103 to 119 to be gone. I have individually cut the tracks at both 103 and 119 so there is just air between the tracks...I was going to start dragging the parts across from 119 to 103 but this I am sure is not the way to do this..plus then I would have to coordinate the parts that come later and start moving them back...So in a nutshell how do I delete an entire time segment of a project and have the part that comes later start immediatly...in other words erase everything between 103 and 119 and then have the entire project from 119 start at 103...thanks in advance...

Retrack it. I am not trying to be a sacrcastic ass either.
That much editing will cause you all kinds of problems. You are going to pay hell trying to line it all up again, and even if the average joe can't hear the editing, you will, every time you listen to it.

Retrack it. You won't be sorry.

"RTFM" = Read the F'in Manual

Now, with that said. I'll try to help.

Use the Range tool (tool #2) to select the dead space on all tracks. Right click>Range>Delete Time

Done.

Now next time...RTFM or use the Help function :rolleyes:

Jonathan

Back