How are these drum mics??

Pearl SMX

How are these?
Audix Fusion Mic Package

It's between these, and the Shure PG pack. Someone on the drum forum I go to said these are better then them, but some dissagree. I'd rather get these, because they are cheaper, but if I absalutly NEED to spend the extra $100, I guess I will.. What do you guys think??

I have seen better reviews on the fusions than the PG-s. I have a couple PG58's, and they aren't terrible for the money, but I have no experience with the Fusions.

For $300, I'd walk into my local GC store, and ask for an Audix D6(or ATM25), Shure SM57(or Audix I5) and a couple MXL603-s (or equivalent). They'll likely make the deal. If your lucky, they'll have some nice stuff in the used case, which would greatly expand your options.

The packs would get more mics, but I'd be afraid of getting mics that you won't be using in a year, with the money already spent.

I have never heard these mics, so i cant say they are bad but if it were me, id pick up a few used 57's....i saw them earlier in the free ads forum...3 for $60 each. I think for the money, you can buy better stuff....

I guess it all depends on what you need them for and where you plan to use them. I would save up for better mics if you wanted to record with them.

Back