• Bad

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Very bad

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rdeboer

Hi all,

I want to start this poll because I'm a little (to say the least) irritated about the service level from my local dealers.

I plan on buying some new stuff for my studio, however if I ask any questions which are not commonly asked the adviser does not know the right answer. Also when I want to learn about or see more of the device they hardly can show me anything. Sometimes this ended up by making the wrong decission.

A last issue is the service of your local dealer(s). I have a problem with a fader and none of the dealers wants to do a house call (and if they do they charge huge amounts):mad:

What are your experiences???

I'm too cheap to go to the expensive stores where they supposedly know stuff, so I read info on the net and shop online.

I've been lucky enough to strike up very good relations with local dealers. They'll loan me equipment I'm thinking about buying so I can make informed choices or call me up and offer to let me road test gear just for my feed back on stuff they're thinking of stocking. I end up paying street price for stuff but the level of service I get more than makes up for it.

I research online, get prices online. If the local guy can match/beat the online price (I factor in tax and shipping) then I'll buy local. Otherwise I'll buy online. (Unless I'm in too much of a hurry...)

I sometimes ask questions in the local stores, just for a laugh.:D

Queue

I do all my research online, especially about new products, I then check prices online and see if the local dealers will guarentee me a better price.
A lot of these dealers only know what the sales reps tell them about a product or what's in the advertising literature, online you can get real user feedback.

Back