How About A Stop-Motion Music Video? Tell Me What Y'all Think!

Albocow

This is my band's first music video and we decided to take an interesting path in creating it. It was done with florescent lights implemented into stop-motion photography. Let me know what you guys feel about it?

Oh! As well, feel free to like, subscribe and share.. in fact, we would love that haha.

What - no Aerial helicopter shots!?! Everyone knows you need them in this day and age. :D

Just joking. Very good all of the way around. :thumbs up: Thanks for sharing and I'll pass this video along.

@moresound, The helicopter was actually in the blueprint.. we just had some problems finding one.. haha. No, thank you both!!

@moresound, The helicopter was actually in the blueprint.. we just had some problems finding one.. haha. No, thank you both!!

Ha!! You should have asked first. I did a little bit of aerial photography a long time ago.

KingsDomWeb.jpg

I've always wanted to do a stop-motion video for one of my songs. Man, that's a lot of work. Plus, I would have to commandeer the game room for a few months so the kids wouldn't disturb my set up.... Ha, fat chance of that happening.

i'm in the 'this is amazing' crowd - the track and video are great!

could you describe the stop-motion process you used? major kudos for experimenting!

(thank you @talk midway! The wiz behind this video is actually the singer's brother. I can tell you what I went through in the production of the video but not about the editing process. (For I don't know haha.)

So for the guitar shots we recorded myself playing the solos in real-time for me to look at to base my hand-positioning and fingering off of for each beat. (That is because each beat was a different photo for the compilation of photos that would compose the stop-motion video). Afterwards I did several playthroughs under different colored lights (There were two florescent lights on each side of me to be shined on different points of my body and guitar.) At the same time for every playthrough the cameraman would change the angle so that he would get lots of material and footage.

Also, for the light designs, its a very cool concept. You get two florescent lights in your hand and set the camera shutter so that it will take many consecutive photos and you can move the lights in any fashion to create a design. It was fun to experiment with that!! That is the extent of my knowledge.. the editing process is unknown to me.

Back