Hoontech gear

gaffa

Recalcitrant Member
Has anybody had any experience with hoontech cards? I found one called "C-Port", but I'm having a few dramas actually tracking down decent info and specs on this card (the basic info is at http://www.C-port.net )

The card seems quite reasonable, but I'm a bit sceptical due to lack of info/specs.

Any thoughts on this card (and hoontech in general)?

Cheers

- gaffa

I just bought a digital bracket interface from them for an SB Live! Value card. The documentation I received was about the same as what you find on the back of a Hershey bar. On the other hand, the unit seemed to be what it is supposed to be, everything was there, and installation was intuitive. They re-engineered a multipin connector to account for an awkward capacitor location in the OEM Soundblaster card that came with my Dell computer; it prevented a polite digital connection on the card itself (gamer market). That was clever and inexpensive.

I found lots of information on Hoontech's webpage, which is pretty good, and has a Q&A forum that is quite informative.

One problem I have is that my Soundblaster card isn't recognizing the signal. I suspected the Hoontech interface until I hooked directly to the SB card itself and got the same result. Can't blame Hoontech for that. I suspect I have more to learn. . .

Hoontech delivered promptly and all charges were as stated. I picked up an extra cable and don't view it as particularly noteworthy. But for 12 bucks, I have nothing to complain about.

Check out their user board; you may find out all you want to know about the product.

Back