Hoontech DSP24 Value - Driver Problems

sans2012

Hey I'm having a bit of trouble installing the drivers for my hoontech DSP24 Value. It doesn’t matter what version of the drivers I install they all have there issues.

One will crash the system on startup, another wont finish installing and freeze the system and another installs then prompts me with (device cannot start (code10). I tried the PCI reg hack for the code 10 and still no luck. I will try changing PCI slots later today to see if it works then.

It may be my install of XP that’s causing the problem; I used to have this card running in XP OS last year; if I can avoid reinstalling, that would be sweet.

So anyway I was wondering if anyone has had this problem and could share a solution.

Cheers

Michael

AMD X2-3800---1.5gig DDR400---320gig HDD---Radeon 9600XT---Asrock Dual SATA2 mobo (it’s not that bad a board:)---XP Pro

i have c-port

Hello,
im not sure but i think DSP24 PCI card have i in my homestudio with st-audio cport 8IN/OUT.

i use original drivers from CD with win XP.
without problems.

bye

waky

I have the STAudio CPort which includes the card that you mention. A while back, I had to install the card on a new machine. When I originally purchased my CPort, XP actually wasnt available and I needed to download an updated driver.

I had forgotten that and installed the CD-based driver and it didnt work properly. I downloaded an updated driver but needed to uninstall all previous drivers or my PC got confused. I found the driver on a German site and was at first leary -- but I've had no problems at all. Try uninstalling everything and start over with a fresh download.

Info on DSP24

Michael ,

Here's a link for the STAudio Forum , You can ask Your questions here and get some decent answers

http://www.st-audio.de/service/forum/

I hope that this helps , Stephen

PS... I believe that You must use a program found at

http://www.pcmus.com it's a uninstaller program... btw I have a STAudio 7.1
working on a AMD 64x2 4200 with no problems and I'm using the v8.4 driver , at the staudio forum "Mark S" seems to be very knowledgeable, seek him out.

here's another link http://www.pcmus.com/Cport.htm on this link you'll find the #" Latest dsp2000 c-port DRIVERS dsp2000 c-port drivers. Also the un-installer unDSP24.exe "

Last edited:
Hey thanks guys; been busy so I didn’t get a chance to check back in.

@Waky, unfortunately I misplaced my original driver CD. I don’t even remember if it had XP drivers on it to begin with; I remember having to download one.

@kurtteej, Yep, uninstalled reinstalled over and over with all the different driver versions and still no luck.

@StephenEC, Hey thanks for taking the time to post the links, I appreciate it mate:) I did use a piece of software that came with the latest driver version that (apparently) removed the drivers completely from the system; that didn’t seem to help either. I'll take a look at the links and hopefully (fingers crossed) there is something in there to help me out.

I'm going to take the card into work tomorrow and try it out on one of the spare machines. I'll let you all know how it went;)

You know, it’s odd that I had it working on XP before without any issues. I'm beginning to suspect XP is bugging out on me. That would be a big surprise wouldn’t it lol.

Cheers

Michael.

Back