Hooking up Mixer

EvanE

Ok...I have a Behringer EURORACK UB1002 Mixer and this is probably a reallly stupid question and somethin I can figure out by playin around with it but how do you hook it up to your computer and do you use regualar recording programs with it like Cool Edit Pro (for example)? What kind of connectors do I need to be able to hook up my mixer to my soundcard too and I have a Sound Blaster Audigy 2 Soundcard if that makes any difference...HELP! Before I start playin with stuff and break it...

Get a cable like this and run from the Tape Out of your mixer to the Line In of your soundcard.
Or you could add two of these and come out the CTRL Room Out on your mixer.

-Edit- ..... and Yes, you can use almost any of the programs mentioned around here (and elsewhere, for that matter).

thanks a ton man...ohhh but how many tracks can I record on with this? Is there a limit like 2 or 4 or can I just go wild and record on as many tracks as needed?

Only two max SIMULTAINIOUSLY. You can pile up as many as your computer has horse power. If you want more than two at a time you'll have to spend some money on a sound card with as many inputs as you need at once.

Thanks, that's exactly what I needed to know...and Psycho I'll definately be emailing you some questions soon thanks again

Back