hooking up a sub

ad0lescnts

I'm using a pair of tannoy proto-J's to monitor with and these things have NO low end to reference.

How would i hookup just a cheap computer speaker sub or something like that? I'm using a digi003 with just L and R monitor outs.

Well typically with the subs on a computer speaker system there will be a signal cable that goes between the sub and the computer, then a L and R output from the subwoofer to the satelites. This is almost always just the cable without any connectors, so Id assume you would have to use a custom cable for this purpose....

yada yada yada...
I don't, however, understand why you would want to use a computer speaker sub in this manner... you will probably not have any kind of adjustable crossover and those subs are typically designed more with games in mind so their frequency response is going to mess you up for mixing purposes. Again, remember that you are going to have to get custom cables for everything anyway.

Do you currently have that sub. I'd say go ahead and try it, you may be surprised, but, as it has been mentioned, it may harm more then help

Back