Hook up my SPX90 to my FD-8

blue cactus

Hi

I want to hook up my Fostex FD-8 DAW to trigger a delay on Yamaha SPX90II by tempo. Is this possible? great!...how? Please don't tell me to rtfm as I'm not very smart (but I can lift evy fings).

thanks

blue_cactus

blue cactus said:
(but I can lift evy fings)
Like wot? A pianer? Some bricks? A box of recids? Jess wot do yew consider 'evy'?

Ahem.

Your FD-8 does transmit a midi clock and the tempo can be set according to a tempo map. Once the midi clock goes down the midi wire and into the SPX, that's where the trouble starts. The SPX that I have was made well before it occured to Yamaha to stick a bit of code in that could recognize midi clock. I have the plain old SPX90 and IMHO it would be a long shot that they changed that when they brought out the SPX90II. So it's up to you to rtfm just a little - not a lot - and see if it responds to midi clock. If it does, you might or might not need to match up the midi channels - midi clock is usually independent of channel settings.

I have a Line 6 Echo Pro that I use for the same application you are trying to achieve and if nothing else you might try to find one of those on eBay.

Back