homemade monitor switch!

les666paul

im gonna make a monitor selector with 3 inputs and three outputs
any way heres my design, i dont know how to draw schematics, but heres the idea,
tell me what you think

MONITORSWITCH.jpg

heres my make shift schematics

schematics.jpg

what parts and switches would i need, can you give me links :D

Last edited:
I believe this might help. Let me know how it works out. I'd like to try something like this myself. Now if I could just figure out how to make one that has analog AND digital inputs/outputs, I'd be high flyin'.... :)

With that many inputs and outputs, have you considered just using a patchbay? It's hard to find switches with that many positions AND poles (you'll need a 3 pole to stay balanced, 5-6 pole if you want to switch L/R channels with one switch, depending on if you combine the ground lines)

les666paul said:
how could a patchbay help me.
i want volume control/pushbutton switches and such

I guess if you require those features, it wouldn't. A patchbay is just a simple way to get the right input to the right output.

arcaxis said:
Is this to switch monitors, as in like speakers?

....or something like this?

http://www.8thstreet.com/product.asp?ProductCode=6554&Category=Monitoring

yeah like that, but simpler
i just want a quick way of having the signal switch between different in puts and out puts

i track live playing with phones, push a button, now i can listen on the monitors, then i export it i then chande the inputs and outputs with a few switches and i can listen to the aiff file on my comp through either phones, studio monitor, or a normal stereo system.basicly i want to be able to listen to any combination of the above.
does that make sense?

Back