Home Studio

wvsoulja

If any help could be given, It'd be greatly appreciate.. I am a very confused and unknowledable man when it comes to recording.

Ok, I have a custom computer. Very nice at that.. I've been doing my music thing for about 2 years now.. I want to take it to the next level.. I dunno shit about the hardware though..

All I want, is the vocals that come out my mouth, to be better in quality once put on a beat.. All I want is a new microphone, would that be able to do that? Or will I need more?

When I get a mic, I'll need a preamp.. Mic goes into preamp, preamp into wall and back of soundcard - am I right?

Also, I want better speakers.. Nothing fancy, something with some boom and quality.. Do those plug into wall, then into soundcard?

Wut would you reccomend as a soundcard under 200$?
I have a SB Audigy 2 that records in 24/96.. Do I need something better? If so wut? I just want to plug a mic into it..

for recording a single voice track then the audigy is good enough. You are right that what you need is a good mic and a good preamp...and then go to the line in and not the mic in of the audigy.

When it comes to the mic put a question up with your budget and the qualities of your voice on the mic forum and you will get more than an adaquate number of recommendations.

Soundcard: Audiophile 24/96 = $149

Mic: SP-B1 mic = $79, SM-58 = $99, SM-57 = $79

Not sure about the speakers. You are going to need a decent set of monitor speakers I believe.
The Yorkvilles are decently priced.
M-Audio has some decently priced.

Someone else can help more I'm sure.

Good luck

Back