Home Studio Setup Advice Please

TheSpanningTree

Here is my office setup. I know there has got to be an acoustically superior way to arrange everything and maybe put some treatment in it. There is a pretty decent amount of noise coming from the server rack in the corner. I can't really move that, so if anyone has any advice on this room setup please share!! thanks

room setup.JPG

Awfully small drum kit...
Do you have a picture of the actual room to show some detail? Are the walls bare (for putting up treatment)?
And what are you looking to record?

Welcome to HR by the way! :D

Here is from sitting at the desk. As you can see there are some pictures up here and there.
room.jpg

And here is the corner with the drumset
View attachment 70342

I usually record Guitar, but line-in most of the time. Most of my stuff is done in the sequencer.

Thanks for the welcome btw.

here is a link if you cant see the pics thespanningtree.net/pictures

First thing I would do is switch the speakers 180 degrees so that you can use the length of the room to your advantage. This will also place the server behind you which might help. I work in a small room as well and know how they can really be a drag, but try various things and you will find some good advice on Ethan Winer's site realtraps.com.

Looks like your room is dedicated to being a family room/office of sorts.:confused:
The 180 degree desk change mentioned above would be great and losing some of the multiple desks that you have would help too.
Too bad your wife doesnt "get it" that the room is yours too and that the desk change would really provide a better environment for you to continue doing something that you truly enjoy that really makes you happy. :(
My first wife had some of that. Very emasculating and selfish. My needs and wants were generally irellevant. Sorry, though.
In any case, 180 or not, I really recommend that you get your audio monitors up to your ear height and further back on your desk.
It will make a big difference and give you a much bigger sound field to listen to.

Well swinging the desk around like you said Sean, didn't fly with the misses lol. I guess im screwed untill I get a new house.

How about a room divider between your studio space and the "family room" area... turn your rig 90 degrees to the right. That is, work with your displays against the right wall and put some space behind you....

Back