Home Studio Newbie

PanTyrimos

Hey all, im new to recording and new to the forum as well and i wanted to say hi to all and ask a few questions.

first of all a brief introduction,My name is Panayiotis im 22yo and i come from the beutifull island of Cyprus and from Sparta(Greece).I was into metal music for as long as i can remember. since my parents are both into rock, and my cousin that used to live next door to us was a hardcore metalhead. im into jazz and fusion-funck rock as well.My main instrument is guitar the past 8 years then i started learning drums 2 years ago and 1 year ago i started vocals(watched all Melissa Cross DVDs for metal singing) genres im listening are : technical death metal, death metal, thrash, progressive, jazz, rock, fusion, swing, blues.

My equipment consists of :

Line 6 Tone Port UX2
Line 6 FBV Shortboard Controller
Zoom G7 1UT

Marshall 100 Combo valvestate
Engl Screamer Head
Behringer Cabinet

WORK DM-65 Mic

Ibanez Jem J77 Special Edit.
Aria Pro Custom
Ibanez GSR 180 Bass

Sonor Drum Set Force 1007 22
AXIS longboards AL2
DDRum redshot Triggers

MacBook Pro i7 15"
Logic 9 Pro
Steinberg Cubase 5
POD FARM 2
FBV Controller Unit

Heres a link though i havent updated my photos for a while now, the room is completely different now:)

<embed src="https://img148.imageshack.us/slideshow/smilplayer.swf" width="426" height="320" name="smilplayer" id="smilplayer" bgcolor="FFFFFF" menu="false" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" flashvars="id=img148/n1307102631300307907536.jpg"/>

Id like to now how to improve my home studio equipment. heres a list of the things im considering to buy as soon as i can afford them(by end of summer most prolly) its priority listing so first thing are the monitors and then the rest:)

ALESIS M1 ACTIVE 520 USB - Thomann UK Cyberstore

YAMAHA 01V96 VCM - Thomann UK Cyberstore

AKG DRUM RHYTHM PACK - Thomann UK Cyberstore

ZOOM R16 - Thomann UK Cyberstore

any thoughts? is this gonna be a good upgrade? or is it too much for a home studio? sorry for the wall of text and sorry if this doesnt go in here:D

thanks in advance:)

Panayiotis,

The best equipment you could get for your studio will be a well treated, properly proportioned Control Room.

Please post a sketch of your CR with dimensions & we can advise further.
Cheers,
John

sorry if this doesnt go in here
John already gave you the answer. But if all you are interested in is equipment...yes, your thread doesn't belong here. I suggest trying some of the other forums related to equipment. On the other hand, if you want to know how to improve your recording SPACE...well, welcome to the right place:D

BTW, it doesn't matter to us who/what you listen or aspire to. Who cares?

As to your equipment, other than accounting for it's physical space/location, ie...monitors, it has nothing to do with building a good home studio. Unless of course you have an API console with 50 or 60 rack mounts.:D

Back