home recoRRRRRRRDDDDDIng setup

nah...i don't think mexicans are lazy. i think rappers are lazy.

we get the "what's the best mic for rap vocals" "can i get professional cd quality with my crappy mixer and cheap mic?" all the time...it's become laughable when we see a new guy with a couple of posts...or the first post is about cheap rap mics.

I've recorded this kind of stuff for a friends rap metal band and for vocals I used a Rode NT3 with compression and reverb through sound forge (didn't have my mbox back then!) - results were great. Like the other guys have said your not going to get dr dre quality but that doesn't mean its going to sound bad either. Your best asset will be learning how to use your tools properly and some theory behind home recording.

Quick hint for you - if your not setting up a dedicated room record in the bathroom or somewhere with lots of tiles.

fuk_tHElaWzzz said:
coo IDc jus thanks for tha help. So what about them mic cables??? Which ones u had the best luck with??

dude, just figure out how long you need it, and buy that size. it's not a big deal. :confused:

zed32 said:
dude, just figure out how long you need it, and buy that size. it's not a big deal. :confused:
UUUUUUHHHHH not talkin bout size talkin bout brand.. I know im not runnin the most expensive setup but ive seen some pretty crappy ratings on the cheap @ss cables on musiciansfriend. do i really gotta get sum mogami or name brand?????????

fuk_tHElaWzzz said:
UUUUUUHHHHH not talkin bout size talkin bout brand.. I know im not runnin the most expensive setup but ive seen some pretty crappy ratings on the cheap @ss cables on musiciansfriend. do i really gotta get sum mogami or name brand?????????

it doesn't really matter, just try to keep away from Hosa or cables with molded connectors. Mogami is good, i actually made my own cables out of Mogami w/ neutrik connectors, it costs like 1/8th of the price to make em yourself. just go to Guitar Center and buy whatever decent cable they have, it doesn't need to be a fancy brand name. it's not gonna make that much of a difference at this point.

ok...sorry about before.

cables don't matter all that much.

cheaper cables may not be great for plugging and unplugging a lot. but if you are just going to use them for a patchbay or snake that just stays mounted...hosa cables wouldn't be all that bad.

if it were a gig situation....definitely go with more expensive cables...

i have planet wave cables for my electric guitar, and hosa for monitors. i constantly plug and unplug the planet waves..the hosa's don't move an inch. ever.

depending on how much you'll be wrapping this mic, storing it, taking it out again, wrapping it...i would go with a decent but short cable. (6 -10 foot)

bennychico11 said:
http://www.guerrillaaudio.com/product_27_Silver_XLR_Balanced_Cables_cat_1.html
99.9995% Hyper-Pure Silver
$149 for 1.5 ft.

But only if you are SERIOUS about your rapping. Only the best rappers use 'em. It will make your rapping sound like the pros.

If you are a crappy rapper, buy an electrical extension cord or something.
That site seems just a little shady... It might be that I'm stuck at work with a pounding headache and nothing better to do, but the redundancy of the crap they say makes me want to avoid spending 200 bucks on a 1.5ft cable even more. :rolleyes:

And what the hell is the "skin effect"?? That sounds like something that happens to my grandma's cream gravy... :D

holy crap...is that for real.

i clicked add to cart expecting to see a "hahah..we got you!" page.

and...larger cables sound "course"....they obviously mean "coarse".

obvious typos from such delicate geniuses?

that company is a joke

Back