Home recording setup

wardbrian

Hi Everyone,

Late last year I purchased some home reocrding gear consisting of a boss br800, MAUDIO 61 key midi controller, Rode NT1(2013 model) and using Ableton Live. Have a listen to my songs that I have written and WIP and I would appreciate any feedback or suggestions on how how increase the overall output as I am not sure how to get the levels to pop out more compared to other songs that I hear from people.

Thanks!

Look into compression techniques to get things to "pop" and sit properly in your mixes.
For instance in this track here proper compression on the drums would bring them up front in the mix.

The vocal production and performance could use some work too :o
It just feels a little lifeless.

btw, this should've been posted in the MP3 section :listeningmusic:

Thanks for the suggestion about looking into compression, i will work on the lifeless vocals lol

Nothing personal :)

Your voice is fine it's just hard to put my finger on what doesn't make the vocals sit well in that song.
I think saying singing with emotion would've been a better way to say what I meant.
Some people like to get a picture and pretend that they're singing to someone.

Nothing personal :)

Your voice is fine it's just hard to put my finger on what doesn't make the vocals sit well in that song.
I think saying singing with emotion would've been a better way to say what I meant.
Some people like to get a picture and pretend that they're singing to someone.

No worries mate, didn't take it personally, each person is entitled to their own opinion :)

I was more interested in how to pop the sound using techniques that you have mentioned in order to bring out the overall levels of the production.

By the way, do you have a link to any work that you have produced, I'd like to have a listen if you don't mind?

By the way, do you have a link to any work that you have produced, I'd like to have a listen if you don't mind?

I'm working on some material I'll be releasing later this year, but for now I don't. (So feel free to avoid my advice :D lol)
I've spent the last couple of years making tutorials and writing for websites and haven't finished the ever-looming album. Tutorial example here includes a tiny bit of a jam at the end.

Back