Home demo !!!!!!!!!

arsenaultk9

Ok just finished up my home demo two weeks ago and want to here what you guys have to say about it :cool: .

the link is www.flyingvandals.cjb.net, it's in the medias section you can download two song. If any of you people want more juste let me know I'd be delighted :) .

I listened to Still Me.

Wish I could have written like this or produced this quality sound when I was 17 (lol).

The timing is a little off between the drums and the guitars especially at the beginnning .

The guitar player does a nice job throughout the song, switching between clean and dirty sound.

The vocals get a bit lost (and a touch flat) when the singer goes into the falsetto part, could fix that up a bit. Other than that the vocals are nice in the mix.

The acoustic part of the song is a great change up and then bringing back in the heavy guitars works well.

Not getting a whole lot of bass guitar or bass drum on this.

Cool effects on the guitars intro/outro.

Very cool tune.....well done.....more people need to hear this one.....

Well congratulations on finishing your album. That's a lot of work.

I listened to "Still Me". Great sounds that take me back to the 90's. Which is cool coz I went somewhere else then and missed them.

Great vox on this (I wonder what it is all about?) I did find the timing distracting -- whether that was intentional or not. But the rest held together pretty well.

Then I listened to "No friends". And that was uplifting and fun. I like that one best! Cool concept. Great performances all round. Only niggle was that the first instrumental "wander" might go bush just a bit too long? But you all pull back to the main theme eventually and it finishes well.

Good work.

I did take a while to find your MP3s. Everything is en francais. Which of course is fine, but your message is in English, as are your songs. So maybe you could add that your songs are under the "Medias" section :) [Hey I come from a tiny backwater country.]

Have fun
aspiring

Hey thanks for the comments, it's always appreciated when people can give something more than I like or I dislike. I guess you people are right for the ofbeat of the drum on still me, but hey nothing is really perfect and recording drums for this demo was a real big pain in the ass believe me ! Anyway thanks for posting its really appreciated.

Back