HOLY SHI......Pioneer RT-1050

SongJohnn

just received this machine in the mail. here's my review:this thing has more balls than I couldve imagined. It was set up.....mint....heads near perfect. I've seen such a clean old '70s machine with original heads. The housings of the heads are still shinny silver.

I did two track recordings...used with NOS early 1960s tape..maybe '50s low output tape......one guitar one bass. That's an 1/8" of tape per instrument......and at 15 ips! Unreal the largeness of the recording. The bass with that 1/8" of tape sounds huge...insanely fat and gigantic....and I'm recording a 1969 hollow-body fiddle bass into the machine using the '79 Teac model-5B preamp.

For the guitar I use a '70s homemade electric guitar right into a '60s bogen tube preamp into the '79 Model5. The outboart gear was a univox ec-80A echo chamber dated jan. 1977. Incredible tones here....the real deal. I can't wait to put a recording up to....give me a few days.... i'll have an mp3.

HOLY SHI#$%^#!!!

just received this machine in the mail. here's my review:this thing has more balls than I couldve imagined. It was set up.....mint....heads near perfect. I've seen such a clean old '70s machine with original heads. The housings of the heads are still shinny silver.

I did two track recordings...used with NOS early 1960s tape..maybe '50s low output tape......one guitar one bass. That's an 1/8" of tape per instrument......and at 15 ips! Unreal the largeness of the recording. The bass with that 1/8" of tape sounds huge...insanely fat and gigantic....and I'm recording a 1969 hollow-body fiddle bass into the machine using the '79 Teac model-5B preamp.

For the guitar I use a '70s homemade electric guitar right into a '60s bogen tube preamp into the '79 Model5. The outboart gear was a univox ec-80A echo chamber dated jan. 1977. Incredible tones here....the real deal. I can't wait to put a recording up to....give me a few days.... i'll have an mp3.

HOLY SHI#$%^#!!!

Yes, The RT-1050 is one of Pioneer's flagship machines.
I have the RT-1020 which is similar, and the recordings I get with it are fantabulous.
I've been looking local for a RT-909 in near mint condition. I had one in the 80's & those machines last forever.

Hehe, I had the same feelings when I first got to hear our 1" 8 track machine in action. The big, fat, smooth but punchy warm character. Totally changed the way I approach audio production and re-defined what "good" sounds like to me. It was love at first listen!

Congrats and have fun with your machine!

Back