Hmmm. I have no clue. I need some help

Fire Dome

Hey

I have bought an eq and wish to use it with my compressor so that the signal goes in to one is affected and then onto the other where it is affected further and then back to be played through my bassists stack. (this will be as a effects loop).
However i connected it the way i thought it should be (compressor then eq) by going send to input on the compressor then out of the compressor to the in of the eq and then the out of the eq to the return of the amp. However this method seemed to bypass the eq altogether. I have looked in both the manuals but neither are very much help.

These are the hardware i am trying to connect together and the connections they have on the back.

Compressor
Alesis CLX440

Input L
InputR
Direct out (L+R)
compressor sidechain
Output L
Output R

Alto equ 231led

In
out
in three formats.

balanced male and female xlr's, balanced 1/4"trs (mono jacks to me :) ) and unbalanced phono

could you more experienced people help me out please

Dave

Last edited:
basically where we play there is no compression on individual channels and we are just get a global compression. so it is up to us to do that if we want it and as my bassist does alot of slapping etc the signal can go from loud to soft, peaks and troughs quickly so this is to smooth out the signal so that is why we am using it this way. Or want to.

Dave

Back