Hiss noise on monitors in ableton.

elsiebear

I am new to Ableton.Everyday I am encountering silly problems everyday which i expected and I seem to be getting past them all.Except one I have a really loud hiss on my monitors and earphones .It intermitantly cuts in whist recording a track down too.I've checked all my imputs many times and there all fine. At first the meter reading is great then suddenly this hiss cuts in and it goes into the red. Any ideas ???

Hi ....I've done aload of tests today and I think the problem has to be within myAudio Interface unit.I have a Focusrite saffire 6 usb.Even when theres nothing pluged into it at all it has this terrible noise ...a hiss that keeps cutting in and out ever second or two. Its only 3 weeks old so I hope its not broken .

Hi ....I've done aload of tests today and I think the problem has to be within myAudio Interface unit.I have a Focusrite saffire 6 usb.Even when theres nothing pluged into it at all it has this terrible noise ...a hiss that keeps cutting in and out ever second or two. Its only 3 weeks old so I hope its not broken .

Are you using a laptop? Does the noise go away when you unplug the laptop power supply and run the laptop on the battery?

Alan

Back