high-priced Gibbies

Yeah, you have to adapt to the heel. I don't grip the back of the neck/heel when I playing up high on a les paul neck. My thumb will be in front of the neck, with the rest of my fingers, or along side the bottom of the neck.
I play slung pretty low, so the heel can really be a problem like that. I could raise it up and play like The Beatles, but that looks gay and and it's way worse for my rhythm playing, which is what I'm doing 75% of the time. So my LP-slung-low-heel-workaround is to just kick the neck forward a little so the guitar is like 45 degrees off my body. No problem then.

I play slung pretty low, so the heel can really be a problem like that. I could raise it up and play like The Beatles, but that looks gay and and it's way worse for my rhythm playing, which is what I'm doing 75% of the time. So my LP-slung-low-heel-workaround is to just kick the neck forward a little so the guitar is like 45 degrees off my body. No problem then.

Yeah low slung LP looks cool. I wear mine kind of low...belt buckle centers the body. It does look gay way up high on your chest. When it's slung below the belt line, for me, it's difficult to do lead work. A lot of times...back when I was gigging ...I would point the neck straight up in the air if I was doing lead work above the heel.

LP's pretty much must be slung low.

Back in the 90's, I couldn't find a strap long enough so I got my mom to sew two straps together for me. Those were tough times indeed. Is there anything more rock n' roll than your mom pimping your gear? Never mind lead work, I could barely do a barre chord. Looked damned cool though. Always had a smoke stuck in the stings on the headstock too. Savage. Couldn't play worth shit, but man, the chicks ate that shit.

Ah... the glory days. Why do I feel like Al Bundy?

I mean really...Les Paul and Marshalls. It's pretty damn hard to beat that combination for the rock and rolls.

I mean really...Les Paul and Marshalls. It's pretty damn hard to beat that combination for the rock and rolls.
Caption - Greg looks over to his lead guitarist. "Yeah, you're right, a pointy Jackson with a reverse headstock would represent better value for money"

Caption - Greg looks over to his lead guitarist. "Yeah, you're right, a pointy Jackson with a reverse headstock would represent better value for money"

Haha, nice try, but no, the other guy plays a Les Paul too. We aint sissies.

A pointy Jackson has no value whatsoever.

Here's the deal , if you walk into a club before the band has even started and you see a couple of Marshalls and a couple of Gibsons sitting on stage you automatically know your about to see a rock band and there is a 67% percent chance they wont suck .

Now if you walk in and see a couple of strats and a couple of fender amps there is a 82% chance the band is going to suck .

Its simple math folks....look it up.

Oh , and paying 5k for a guitar is stupid.

Lol. The simple truth is that it doesn't matter what anyone pays for any guitar. No one is forcing anyone to buy anything, and if someone buys a guitar and likes it, then it's worth whatever they paid for it.

A guy might buy one $5K guitar in his life and enjoy the shit out of it.
Others spend that much on cigarettes every year and die from it.
Who's dumber? I say the cigarette guy.

Lol. The simple truth is that it doesn't matter what anyone pays for any guitar. No one is forcing anyone to buy anything, and if someone buys a guitar and likes it, then it's worth whatever they paid for it.

A guy might buy one $5K guitar in his life and enjoy the shit out of it.
Others spend that much on cigarettes every year and die from it.
Who's dumber? I say the cigarette guy.

Thats given me an idea. I'm gonna put confusing safety mechanism's on all pointy guitars from here on...

Thanks for the tip...:thumbs up:

---------- Update ----------

I'll also do retro fits for all gun owners that need one on their guitars...:)

Mutt, I've not had a quote from Crimson - will chase them up today - want to quote me for it? What's your lead time? (Bare in mind I am not in a hurry here!) You got a website?

Mutt, I've not had a quote from Crimson - will chase them up today - want to quote me for it? What's your lead time? (Bare in mind I am not in a hurry here!) You got a website?

Whatever it is, you can get more value elsewhere, right? :laughings:

LP's pretty much must be slung low.

Back in the 90's, I couldn't find a strap long enough so I got my mom to sew two straps together for me. Those were tough times indeed. Is there anything more rock n' roll than your mom pimping your gear? Never mind lead work, I could barely do a barre chord. Looked damned cool though. Always had a smoke stuck in the stings on the headstock too. Savage. Couldn't play worth shit, but man, the chicks ate that shit.

Ah... the glory days. Why do I feel like Al Bundy?

Nothing says "sexy" like the guitar player that wears it like a bra...:laughings:

bbc_Gibson-John-Lennon-J-160e.jpg

Absolutely - how much do you think Gibson would be charging for a custom build?

I don't know, but whatever it is you obviously can't afford it, and that makes you mad. That's why you hate Gibsons. You're not alone. Lots of people feel that way.

Haha, go the other way, hypocrite. :laughings:

The truth is you're about to gladly overpay for a humbucking Telecaster with a few meaningless visual bells and whistles that will never, ever recoup even a fraction of what you're gonna pay for it. And that's no problem. That's your call. It's just that it's no different from anyone else that will gladly pay whatever they want for what they want, but you consider that a bad thing if those other guitars say "Gibson" on the headstock.

Wow, Greg, you have a real problem. I think you should get help. You were obviously groped in the bogs by someone in spandex pants at a hair metal gig in the 80s.

Wow, Greg, you have a real problem. I think you should get help. You were obviously groped in the bogs by someone in spandex pants at a hair metal gig in the 80s.

Lol. What? I didn't go to any hair metal gigs in the 80s.

Come on dude, relax. You are doing the exact same shit you look down on others for doing. It's not a big deal, so get off your soapbox. You can't chastise someone for "overpaying" for a guitar when you're doing exactly that yourself. And I personally don't really think you're overpaying if you're getting something you want and will enjoy. I don't care what anyone spends on any guitar. It's not my money. But using your own logic, you are overpaying for something you could get cheaper. That's all I'm saying.

Back