high energy rocker inspired by Formula One grand prix

GONZO-X

"Silverstone"

i became enamored with formula run racing this last year,
after watching the british grand prix,
decided to write a song that tried to capture all that energy and raw power.

this was done using a '77 Ibanez Artist 2618, with a marshall model thru a strymon Iridium.

this was a real fun tune to track. came together really quickly, couple of days.

that bass is pretty aggressive, eh?!
i guess i think of the bass as being the pace of the race, and the guitars are like the whining engines. LOL

silly netflix, and their 'drive to survive' show, got me hooked in...

then i started going backwards in time, looking at previous seasons, and drivers, and history,
"Schumacher" "Grand Prix", "Rush", "Ferrari race to Immortality", there are a few more, but man, what a legacy.

and so hard core. crazy mo fo's.

20220926-115231.jpg

i used this guitar for all the tracks,
instead of switching out, i wanted a more smoother sound; i did switch amps and cabs, but used the same guitar.

Nice song!
I used to watch F1 races regularly, but since it was removed from free TV (at least here in Germany) I did not follow it so closely anymore.
Your song captures the spirit I guess ... with a nice high speed finish :D

Nice song!
I used to watch F1 races regularly, but since it was removed from free TV (at least here in Germany) I did not follow it so closely anymore.
Your song captures the spirit I guess ... with a nice high speed finish :D
hey trichter!

i thought no one would comment on this one.

i'm glad you did.

yea, F1 in europe, is taken much more seriously then here in the state,
where they like to make only left turns.
heheh

yes, high speed finish! this year at silverstone, maybe not so much, but the general idea is, flying with your pants on fire!! LOL

Back