"Hear the Call"

recording: i used a Strymon Iridium for all the guitar and bass parts.
'77 Ibanez Artist into the marshall super lead model, thru a Friedman 4x12 cab, no effects.
Cool track - IMO you need to tighten up the guitars - rhythmically they are moving all over the beat. The Drums are also a little Odd - not sure it's timing - more likely the part played. With the guitars tighter I think the drums would lock.

Cool track - IMO you need to tighten up the guitars - rhythmically they are moving all over the beat. The Drums are also a little Odd - not sure it's timing - more likely the part played. With the guitars tighter I think the drums would lock.
i kinda like the guitars looser... plus, i'm putting in a lot of syncopation, which i kinda dig...
i think if they were tight like a 'metal' or hard rock band typically goes for,
it would sound kinda typical.
but it's still a good point,
i was always thinking i liked the idea of them not locking up, kinda like a high energy stones thing,
but i ALSO wanted to retrack the guitars with a single rhythm guitar part,
if i could figure out how to pan it so it wasn't lopsided. then it would be a very straightforward mix,
and the single guitar would stand out.
so, yea, i'm gonna think about what you said.

the drums, well, i wrote them that way on purpose,
so i think maybe i'm a little odd. heheh

thanks for listening and commenting

i kinda like the guitars looser... plus, i'm putting in a lot of syncopation, which i kinda dig...
They aren't syncopating -

i think if they were tight like a 'metal' or hard rock band typically goes for,
it would sound kinda typical.
but it's still a good point,
i was always thinking i liked the idea of them not locking up, kinda like a high energy stones thing,
but i ALSO wanted to retrack the guitars with a single rhythm guitar part,
if i could figure out how to pan it so it wasn't lopsided. then it would be a very straightforward mix,
and the single guitar would stand out.
so, yea, i'm gonna think about what you said.
Yeah I get where you are going - i think it could be improved.

i'm gonna play with the single rhythm approach this weekend...
there are some key parts from the 2nd guitar that needs to be there,
but this would be the perfect song to NOT double all the guitar parts on!

All your guitar tones are fab. I like the L/R variation too. Drums are kinda busy. Be interesting to hear those guitars over a straight up slushy hihat groove

All your guitar tones are fab. I like the L/R variation too. Drums are kinda busy. Be interesting to hear those guitars over a straight up slushy hihat groove
thanks bulls,
i'm glad you checked this one out...

i re recorded the song yesterday,
with new drum programming, a different kit sound (mostly the snare and kick changed),

and I sed the marshall superlead for one rhythm track,
and a vox ac30 for the other!!
i like the new version even better,
it has a different feel, where the current one i play rhythm on top of the beat, pushing it, like a military thing,
versus the new version, where it's more 'hip swingin'
LOL

i'll post that one soon, you can compare the amp models left and right

Back