High and Dry cover (Beginner recording/mixing engineer)

Around the second verse, the vocals start sounding like they're on top of the track rather than within it. Like a karaoke thing where they're added later.

Did you, by chance, mix the vocals in solo or did you mix them while listening to all the instruments?

Hi, thanks for your reply.
No the vocals are mixed together with all instruments, and I have tried to "sit" them in the mix.
But you´re probably right in that they could maybe blend in better.

I think the song is well done except that the kick is too loud(hear that Taras? lol) Not a fan of the distorted guitar tone. Acoustic sounds pretty good and played well. Vocals sound good except that part that was already mentioned.

Difficult song to cover, kudos for being brave!

I was prepared not to like this mix, but I did. A couple of things to fix:

bass is a touch overpowering, unless that was your intent
likewise for the drums and rhythm guitar (I was good with the distorted guitar)
watch your low end

don't get me wrong, I love the sound you've got going, but the beautiful vox are getting walked all over. Like on the "high" and "dry", they are lost, IMO, and some tough eq on the remainder of instruments and voila, it'll gel nicely.

Now for the good/great stuff:
great job on the vox and choruses
nice tight playing
and terrific choice of song!

Well done,
Timbo

Very nice singing voice. I thought it sounded terrific.

The acoustic guitar sounded decent. But it sounded a bit like a cheap guitar. It's not always locked in with the rhythm.

I'd turn down the bass just a bit. And lighten up the low end.

The crunch guitar is a little loud. And I'd double track it and pan the tracks wide.

There is a little guitar playing accents/riffs that comes in like the third verse. To me, that's just too much stuff going on - too my competing for attention.

Back