Hi this is my first song post "Would it make a difference"

Voice is great, pitching is true. Harmonies are good.

Piano and guitars sound good.

I'm not that keen on the drum track. It's set well back in the mix, and as a result, sounds vague and indefinite. However, you might have puched into the back of the mix because of that.

My preference would be to see a stronger treatment on the rhythm section.

These are all production comments, and consequently are a matter of taste. I've got no grumbles about the song itself.

I really like the way this song is structured. The vocals are nice and clear. The only criticisms I have is to reiterate Gecko's comment on the drums, and I would suggest changing the key. Go up 2 or 3 semitones and the vocal performance will really lift. I know this means re-recording almost everything but try it and see what it sounds like.

Hi guys thank you so much for taking the time to listen and leave feedback..my original track had more pronounced guitar and drums but I asked a friend to mix it for me but I was happy with their efforts..
Yes Conor I have a tendency to want to sing in a lower register, and I don't mind trying out what it would sound like up a notch or two..I can only write and sing and come up with a mediocre track, let alone getting the production right.so for one my more recent songs I'm paying lots to have it professionally done up just so I can have one decent song up my sleeve.

Not so much a louder drum but maybe a different one.
I like the key it's in - gives it gravitas.
Sounds really good at this stage - lots of fiddling about may be possible.
If you want to see/hear what can possibly done why not post in the Mix This spot. That'll mean uploading indiv tracks but a few people can have aplay about with the mix - there've been some interesting things happen in there.
How is Joseph biased?

Thanks ray for the tips, I still have yet to explore the site..Joseph is biased coz he is a good online friend and we have worked on stuff together..I usually make off with his lyrics and make my own songs with them..I will post one soon..

Back