Hi there!

Commander

Just joined the forum and thought I'd say hello. Been a pro drummer / musician for many years now with my own studio. I'm looking forward to learning stuff / passing on stuff around here! Please feel free to check out my website if you want to, and I'll see you around the forum!

Welcome

Hello Commander. I'm don't know what i'm most impressed by:

1) Your career
2) Your studio
3) Your wife

:-)

Damn!!!

PS - I'm sure your experience will come in mighty handy around here.

Cheers and welcome.

Hey! well you've impressed me and made me jealous all in one. :p

you've basicly done exactly what i hope to do (im 15). I compose for rock, and orchestra. Also i'm drummer and i have ambitions in both composing and drumming. I'm sure i'll have many questions to ask - but right now i'm shattered; i've just got home from playing 2 gigs in a night. I dont recommend it. :rolleyes:

Yamaha Stage Customs

G-day,

I have a set of Yamaha Stage Customs here that a friend of mine has lent me and I was wondering how they would compare to the Yamaha Studios that you use to record with. What are some of the challenges that I might face trying to record with these?

MX3282 said:
G-day,

I have a set of Yamaha Stage Customs here that a friend of mine has lent me and I was wondering how they would compare to the Yamaha Studios that you use to record with. What are some of the challenges that I might face trying to record with these?

Yamahas in general record very well and I doubt you will find much of a difference in the studio between the two kits you mentioned. A good engineer can get a good sound out of a tin of beans (albeit the sound of a very well recorded tin of beans!) so as long as the heads are fresh and tuned well you should be fine! (on the drums, not the beans).

I used to use an old Gretsch kit with a Ludwig snare in the studio but I lost it (don't ask).

Back