Hi.... 'member me? :op

This kinda sounds like Ben Folds in the beginning. I actually like the dark piano.

Back ground vocals are kinda dry and in your face. I'd prefer them to be a little more to the back.

Very nice, very pretty overall! :)

Erland... I'd take your talent and an out-of-tune piano any day over a nice piano sound. :p Thanks for listening man. :)

joro... yeah... gotta fix that vox. Thanks for the comments. I'll be sure to pass along the compliments.

Sam...glad you liked it man. Thanks for stopping in.

Axe.. thanks man. 'preciate it... :)

Shaky... you know what. I hear the BF5 thing too. I actually like their stuff, so I'll take that as a compliment. :p I'll be working on those BGVs again too.

I think I may try to get around to a re-mix. Maybe I can take care of some of these issues.

Thanks all.

WATYF

Last edited:
What a nice composition. Really like the chord changes and the writing. Yeah i definitely feel the Ben Folds or the Radiohead comparisons. The slow but certain feel that your going along for a nice ride of complete dream state induced relaxation.

I could hear the microphone slightly in the vox but the performance is very good. I was away for a bit WAYTF, it looks like i missed some good blowout threads.

Anything you missed... I missed too. I haven't been around much at all since I got married (April).

Thanks for the feedback. I took a quick listen to your HRC4 song. Thought it was cool. Once of these days when I get some time (whenever that is :rooleyes: ) I'll stop by and give it a thorough listen/review.

WATYF

I really like this!

Your singer has a great voice and I love the build up of this. I downloaded a few days ago and took a few listens, but haven't been able to get on-line in a few days, so I'm catching up.

Really great song and sounds well recorded!

:D

Downloaded last night & listening at work on cans.

Sounds pretty damn good to me. I kind of like the darker sound of this. It seems to fit the song to me.

I think your friend has a nice voice, although, I’d like to hear him sing this with a bit more confidence. I catch a few intonation problems (not terrible by any stretch) mainly at the end of phrases because it sounds to me that there is a loss of energy in his voice there. I struggled with the problem of finishing phrases strong for a long time. It’s a common thing I hear in vocalists. It also seems to me that the vocal gets buried a bit in the parts with more instrumentation.

I really like this. This has to be a keeper for me. Nice work

Nice song! And nice recording as well. Nitpicks: the voice could be eq'd a little more "seperately" for my taste - so it really cuts through everything else that's happening. It gets a little lost in the mix here and there.

Nice bass sound...

I might prefer just a *hair* of verb ambience on the vox, but I could go either way on that I think.

Beautiful tune. Nice job!

Chris

Back