Hey muttley....

Light

I just wanted to thank you for being the resident grouchy guy who actually knows what he's talking about. I haven't been in the mood to get into any arguments lately, so it's nice that someone else can do it. :D:D:D:D

Also, I've decided that the next person who comes in with Taylor ES problems saying, "I plugged it in at church, and it just didn't work," I'm going to respond, "Maybe God's just getting sick of crappy guitars and boring music?"

I mean, there must be some reason I got that exact phrase in at least 2 phone conversations today, and at least 6 for the week so far (and it's only TUESDAY!!!) I think there must be something about the Crusifix that just scares the ES systems to death. Either that, or an awful lot of people have been playing their guitars while in the baptismal.

Is that politically incorrect of me to say?

Light

"Cowards can never be moral."
M.K. Gandhi

+1 on the boring music. It's a source of constant wonder to me that "Christian" music devolved into something so passionless.

In my neck of the woods the Taylor in the church phenomenon is largely protestant. In these churches they use a cross, not a crucifix.

What usually causes the failure in the E5 system?

I just wanted to thank you for being the resident grouchy guy who actually knows what he's talking about. I haven't been in the mood to get into any arguments lately, so it's nice that someone else can do it. :D:D:D:D

:mad::rolleyes::eek::D

I think that says it all.

We should do the "good cop, bad cop thing".
Anyway I'm at a show all weekend so you'll have to "bad cop" til Monday..;)

Also, I've decided that the next person who comes in with Taylor ES problems saying, "I plugged it in at church, and it just didn't work," I'm going to respond, "Maybe God's just getting sick of crappy guitars and boring music?"

I mean, there must be some reason I got that exact phrase in at least 2 phone conversations today, and at least 6 for the week so far (and it's only TUESDAY!!!) I think there must be something about the Crusifix that just scares the ES systems to death. Either that, or an awful lot of people have been playing their guitars while in the baptismal.

Is that politically incorrect of me to say?

Light

M.K. Gandhi

Everyone knows God plays Martins..

+1 on the boring music. It's a source of constant wonder to me that "Christian" music devolved into something so passionless.

In my neck of the woods the Taylor in the church phenomenon is largely protestant. In these churches they use a cross, not a crucifix.

The quality of church music here varies depending on the church rather than the denomination. I love sacred music in the old style and a lot of the modern stuff too. It's just about moving air as far as I'm concerned. Just last week I put a small trad jazz band into our local church to do an evening of spirituals. We had a great night and the sound in most of our old stone built churches is amazing. Also don't forget the words of St Augustine

"He who sings prays twice" Turns out the real translation is "He who sings well prays twice" He can't of been a Taylor fan either.:eek:

What usually causes the failure in the E5 system?
Bad design, badly executed and poorly made. Other than that they're OK.;)

Last edited:
What is the deal with church music in the US? I'd go more if there were bands playing here on a Sunday.

What is the deal with church music in the US? I'd go more if there were bands playing here on a Sunday.
Live christian rock music is becoming quite mainstream during church services over here, Telepaul.

Check the "musicians" listings on Craigslist and about 1 out of every 10 people looking to hook up with other musicians categorizes themselves as a "Christian musician."

Christian music.... like Creed?
Some of it is in the Creed vein. A lot of it is less edgy - intended to be uplifting, with pretty straighforward worshipful, praise-god lyrics.

You can probably find any amount of it on Youtube. I never listen to the stuff (on purpose) so I don't know any of the more popular bands' names.

In churches the performances can range from pretty damned good to garage-pickup-band stuff.

You guys need to watch a Bill Gaither show if you think all christian music is boring.
I have heard some of the most incredible and moving vocal performances ever on his shows. There is at least one phenominal performance on every one of his shows (most of the time there are several)
Top notch musicians too...I see alot of the musicians that play on the bill gaither specials playing on nashville sessions too.

Hey guys,

Here's some Christian music for you guitar lovers :
That's my Fender Deluxe Power Telecaster. Oh, and my Martin at the end, just before the cello comes in. (couldn't afford the Taylor)

Here is something more vocal oriented :

I could put up better examples of Christian music you might enjoy, but that whole copyright stuff scares me, so I just put up my own stuff.
Christian music has come a very long way in the last 15 years or so. I rather enjoy it, myself.

Peace!

Christian music has come a very long way in the last 15 years or so. I rather enjoy it, myself.

Peace!

Yeah, but first of all you actually believe in it, which makes a difference. Second of all, even if their are good Christian acts out there (and I have to imagine their must be, though I've never heard it), that still doesn't change the fact that most of the crap being played in churches on Sunday mornings (at least, the Lutheran and Baptists around here) sucks.

Then again, there is the "Heavy Metal Service" in one of the local churches (the minister keeps bringing in guys with mohawks and crosses into the shop - though at least the last one could play pretty well), so it could always be worse!:D

Light

M.K. Gandhi

Back