Hey, how's about a poll for my song.....

Does this song..............

• Sucks but is somewhat tolerable

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • it's damned good

• It's great

• it's spectacular

• It's a Number #1 Hit single !!!!!!

• Total voters
lol...how long did it take you to type that poll? :D

The song's okay. (It feels like some verses and bridges looking for a chorus). The recording doesn't do it justice, though. The guitars are tiny, the vox are bit too upfront (and I almost NEVER say that), there's quite a bit of clipping somewhere...something is distorting, and the music bed is really really muddy and overcompressed maybe? Those little "crackle" sounds are bad for music, lol. It ends kinda' weird, and I think there was way too much reverb on the solo.

Wow, I sound like a total dick.

I liked the vocal (when it wasn't distorting, lol).

What other "positive" thing can I say here?...ummm..nice bitrate?

HAVE A NICE DAY :D

Last edited:
Aside from the very creative sound fielding of your vox, it sounds very garage like. Which IMO makes the vox not fit at all.

The song itself is fair. Somewhat entertaining.
Space

chrisharris said:
... (It feels like some verses and bridges looking for a chorus). The recording doesn't do it justice, though. .... there's quite a bit of clipping somewhere...something is distorting, and the music bed is really really muddy and overcompressed maybe? Those little "crackle" sounds are bad for music, lol. It ends kinda' weird, and I think there was way too much reverb on the solo.

totally agree with that.
there are some really nice individual sounds in there (and i love what youve done with the vocals being layered - lots going and on sounds cool!)
i think, as chris said about the reverb on the solo, the reverb needs to be backed off totally in the whole song and done again. its mad how easy it is to get carried away with reverb and delay, etc but it just adds up and can confuse things somewhat for the listener.
like i say tho, individually there are some nice tones. together, you just need to spend a bit more time on the levels and cut back on some of the effects you use.

the vox are too upfront... in fact the whole song sounds not properly mixed.

the ride sounds bad... the drum sounds are not that great either....

the guitar solo sounds like you copied and paste it from another song! too much reverbs...

with good mixing, this song has potential. :)

here's the newer mixed version

I got the tracks back and remixed it myself

sometimes it just doesn't pay to have your song done professionally, especially if its a "bargain"

Back