Hey Ethan... nice video!!

Actually, you're not limited to green screens. I've used red, blue, and even orange backdrops depending on the color schemes of the people, items, or "clutter" of things in front of it will contain, and in Premiere Pro (which is what I use) I simply select that color to filter out as transparent.

I discovered this trick years ago when I recorded a female artist in front of a green screen, and she had the most beautilful, piercing green eyes you've ever seen. She had long wavy, flaming red hair and red freckles too... so we ended up using blue for the backdrop, and made sure her outfit wasn't navy heh-heh.

Oh yeah, you can use any color your heart desires. It's actually a good idea to have a few different colored screens around, because like you said, you never know what your foreground colors may be.

Ethan Winer said:
Clang,

> It's only 6 minutes. You're not talking a full 4.7 gig iso file here. That might only be 100 megs. <

I already have medium- and high-resolution versions you can downlaod from links on my site:

www.ethanwiner.com/rondo.html

These are about 25 and 45 MB respectively. But the original file is very high resolution broadcast quality, and weighs in at 1.4 GB for that 6.5 minutes. My DVD includes four versions for normal and widescreen, stereo and surround for each. In DVD Architect I chose the highest quality setting, which yields a total of 1.4 GB for all four files plus the animated menus etc. I think I listed that above. So you can already get a pretty high-res version now for free. It's just the full DVD-quality version that is impractical to post on a web site.

--Ethan

Many i suggest and obvious solution... Bittorent.

You seed for a few downloads, then you let nature take it's course, get it on a few blogger sites again, and all of a sudden you'll have 9,000 seeds. Then your bandwidth will only be for the inital few downloads, and everyone can enjoy your outstanding performances. :)

> Bittorent. <

I agree, and I already have that for the medium- and high-res web versions. If everyone had a Bittorrent client this would make sense. But as it is now, my video gets literally 100 times more views through the more usual download methods.

--Ethan

Ahhh got ya, i searched the page to 'bittorrent' and nothing had come up, so i got a bit confused. :)

Good suggestion there technominds ;)

Back