hey again, just looking for alittle more advise

Metalchild23

The last post I made was helpfull I ordered a recording book and searched the new alittle for reviews on equipment and it has all been very helpful. I'm still not clear about one thing. Im not so much looking for specific brands and company names of what I need to get, just what I need to start a recording set up if that made any sence. I know I need a sound card, mixer, stuff like that. Im not too interested and people telling me i need a makie cfx12 or a 1000 dollar mixer. Im not looking for a high class thing at the moment, this is just to help me learn the basics and to demo my music. Im a solo artist with a few friends who play for me here in there. When im ready to do a professional recording session ill take it somewhere. When I get in college thats when ill start learning and hopefully have the money for a professional recording set up. If you could just leave me an idea of what types of things I need that would be awesome. Thanks lots.
-Neil

Neil, if that's the way you usually write, getting into college is seriously in doubt. You've got fifteen grammatical, punctuation and spelling errors in one paragraph! As far as your music goes, what is it you are trying to record, what do you intend to do with the recordings, where will you be recording it, and what is your budget? Without that information, no one can answer your question.

Yea..I wasnt really looking to get grilled on grammar. I know I cant spell good and thats why spell check is the best thing going for me. That doesnt mean I dont know how to write music. As for college Im trying to see if I can take some classes at Berklee. School isnt my thing, but I think I need to learn more so hopefully there may be a night class program there I can choose classes from.

I have about 1,000 saved up for equipment, and ill be doing it in a small extra bedroom in my house. These recordings are just for me and the people I work with, its not getting sent anywhere or anything. Just to try out diffrent ideas and keep track of ideas.

Last time I posted I got alot of responce so I figured maybe some of the same people would reply thats why I didnt explain myself as well as last time.
-Neil

Back