HevyD and Groucho collab

HevyD47Ca

This was actually done a couple of months ago.

The story is, I had posted this without vocals to see what the clinic's thoughts were. Then groucho posted a quick mix with some vocals he had just kind of scatted on the spot.

About the same time groucho was doing that, I had one of those inspirations they talk about and wrote out 3 verses in about as many minutes.

I was having some problems at the time and could not sing so I invited groucho to do a vocal.

Im very pleased with his take on the song.
I always wanted to sing like this...........oh well:D

Great guitar playing as usual HD, love the fullness between the left and right panned guitars. I really like groucho's voice, and here it is in good form. The only thing I'm finding strange is the snare in the verses, it sounds a bit unnatural with the triple time. I think I would have played it straight there. Maybe a couple of listens will change how it sounds.

NICE bass run at 3:15! :)

The only thing I'm finding strange is the snare in the verses, it sounds a bit unnatural with the triple time

You know what I would love in lieu of the snare in those triple time segments??? Brushes, baby...brushes! They would add so much....uh let's say..."Lay Down Sally-ish" to this thang'! Just my 2 cents. ---Lee

Yeah, Groucho's voice fits this one like a glove. This one's in the can, I'd finish the mix and let it rest for a while.

But there's that old wine-on-the-shelf thing. I'm not talking about how the song gets better with time. I'm talking about how the performer's understanding of how to deliver the song improves with time. We're...where?...at the end of the year, right? Okay, ask Groucho to track this one again in six or twelve months, and get him to do it drunk when he sings it again. And if he's anywhere within striking distance of Port Hardy (ha! how likely is that? Dunno, stranger things have happened...:)) get him to drop by and do it live. This one satisfies.

Okay, just read the other comments, and the one about the brushes is dead on! Brushes would make this song about 1.3 times cooler than it is now, and it's already way cool.

I swear.

new piece of meat in the stew, flavor takes a nice smooth twist. This cooked out real good guys. I agree on the brushes, or another option would be to take the drums down quite a bit lower and let an acoustic play the straight backbeat on 2 and 4, it would fit right in between the 2 elec' guitar rythyms and counter nicely.

lynx - I've taken a bit of a beating on those triplets in the verses, so I will probably try a drum track without them at some point. Thanks for the listen.
SOUND DIAGNOSIS - I have been looking around for a soundfont with brushes but have come up empty so far:(
Good idea though, I may have to talk to a real drummer.
dobro - you dog:D good to hear from you!!
Glad you like this one, I'm looking forward to your next always:D
Toki987 - I'm going to have to talk to MC Gitarz about some acoustic guitar rhythm for this song, I'd like to hear that myself. Thanks for the idea:D

Back