Here's a tune for y'all!

ha!!!!!!!!

im glad i listened after guernica's post, it was like i was watching a movie , ha!!!!!!! music is more than sound isn't it!! to cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fun stuff man

thank's

peace

rick

This definitely hit the spot after a long day at work!!
Loved the texture and ambiance the song creates.

I hear some "Black Rider" a la Tom Waits in this one.

Great tune. Sounds like alot of fun to play. How do you force the band to stop?:).

Thanks, I needed that.

Peace,
Theron.

Thanks all!

Some of our songs are really based on scenes. When rehearsing, sometimes we write half a song, and then for the next part, someone would just make up some scenes with it,"now this happens" and we put that atmosphere in it...
This one was not written in that way. But it can get kindof visual. I love to hear those scenes you come up with. Good one Guernica! :D

How do we force the band to stop? Hehe... Actually, our drummer on this recording was really the singer, and it was kindof heavy on him. Now we got a real drummer. :eek: A good one too... So it's gonna end in a rather perverted killing scene I guess. :D

you really picked up everything very well.

I dont know why but i was visualizing the muppets going nuts on all the instruments.

You have a natural gift for recording stuff... very nice!

Really, really nice song, Roel.

You played sax... who was on breaking bottles? :D

I wanted more of that slow, jazzy exploration between the galloping parts. Can you use it as the basis for a song on its own?

It sounds like you recorded it all together in the same room at the same time. Right? Yeah, right, I just checked your first post.

Listening again to that segment from 1.40 to 2.10 - it's lovely.

Excellent tune. Metal klezmer with a jazz excursion. Excellent. :D

Hey, did you ever one of the best 10 movies of all time - Leningrad Cowboys Go West?

If they'd combined the styles they used in that movie, they might, just might, have come up with a tune like yours.

Thanks to both of you too!

Muppets going nuts. hehe... Cool. A gift for recording stuff. :cool: I don't know... It really was just putting a mic there and go with it. I guess. Really didn't bother all that much about mic placement since the room is pretty bad. We must've been lucky. ;)

dobro said:
You played sax... who was on breaking bottles? :D
Me too! That was both our singer/drummer and me. :D We broke alot of glasses. Just took the container with broken glasses in our youthclub, and made smaller pieces. There was one piece of plexiglass in it. Didn't know untill I threw it on the floor. You can hear it pretty clearly...

We also did another overdub throwing chairs on the floor. :D

There's more to come. We've got some other tunes in this vain. One is recorded already. When our new drummer gets the groove, we'll record some more probably... :cool:

We recorded our previous demo at the "live demo recording week" last year, organized by your fellow students. ;)

And there's another Belgian band named traktor (spel?). I saw them on some advertisement... Never heard them though.

So, did you? We haven't played all that many concerts. The only concerts outside our hometown were at the St Lucas in Ghant, our singer graduated there last month. (You cannot imagine how many beautiful girls were at our concerts there. This was really one of the few occasions that over 60% of the audience is female... Damn!)

Interesting style of music. I like it. Sounds like everybody's drunk and having fun with all that glass breaking. Serious music, but at the same time humorous. I like stuff that's different like that.

~Sitting in the corner of the bar with my dark shades on, a half empty bottle of whiskey on one hand and a Cohiba esplendido cigar in the other,..... Smmmoooth man, way, Smmmoooth.~

Roel said:
We recorded our previous demo at the "live demo recording week" last year, organized by your fellow students. ;)

That's it!! That's where I heared the name. The posters of that live demo recording week were all over the building at our school.

They were several of my fellow students who did some mixing of those groups. Some of them can do a pretty good job (I like the mixes of Mark a lot), others have rather a different mixing taste than me (I do not share, eufemistically, share the taste of people like jonathan or stephane:)). Do you remeber who mixed your demo (I especially trew in some names so maybe you can remember one of them:)).? And did you guys were satisfied by the mix they did?

Thanks all!! More coming up... Mixing all weekend. pfiew... Extremely hot in my 'studio'. In all belgium actually; but my studio is upstairs; under the roof... Oh boy...

Bert, I have no idea who did it. I'll ask the drummer if he remembers. We had a good time... Cost us quite a bit though. (We hardly sold tickets for the show... Gent is 2 hours from here... But you know that I guess. :))
I liked the mix. I liked the sound of the vocals alot, but the sucky thing was we couldn't use them. Our singer was also our drummer at the time, and there was too much crosstalk. Had to overdub the vocals at home. And we added more than that too... Hehe...

Atually; we recorded this tune too back then! Quite a different version though. I'll try and post it someday. It's funny... With accordeon backing up. No drunk intro or jazzy intermezzo on that one though...

Now whisky. THAT's a good idea. :D

Roel, it *is* a good idea. For two reasons. First, whiskey starts tasting better and better as you get older. You'r getting older every day, right? Okay.

Next, the thing I've noticed about your tune is this: it makes me want to drink and party and laugh with people I really like to be with. Damn. What a good time that is.

You ever heard a tune called 'Rainy Day Women 12 and 35'? :)

The intro sound veeeeeery lazy, which I like. Like a drunken bar brawl after most of the people already got home after a hard drinking binge. Now the fast part reminds me a bit like some Sleepy Sleepers songs. They were a comedy band, and later turned out to be Leningrad Cowboys. Mixing is good enough for a live thing, and I really dig the sounds. The distorted guitar towards the end was a bit harsh, though. Maybe it did fit the voices after all, since this is a weird one.

-EDIT-

I just wanted to add, that I wrote the message without looking at the other messages. So I was surprised when I read the other responses, and I saw the Leningrad Cowboys comment there. I guess it's similar, since two people already mentioned it :D

Back