here`s a lil test for 4P users

Toki987

Rock Steady
Say I have a track folder with 5 guitars in it. I want to route it to a new stereo buss that will only control relative gain for each of the 5 tracks and then sum out to the main bus. How would you assign all gain modules of each track to the new buss without doing it individually track by track?

I don't think you can in Sonar v4. S5 is supposed to allow you to gang controls -- I am hoping this would give the single-click functionality you describe.

Ciao,

Q.

Qwerty said:
I don't think you can in Sonar v4. S5 is supposed to allow you to gang controls -- I am hoping this would give the single-click functionality you describe.

Ciao,

Q.

That is what I feared. I couldn`t find a way to do it other than track by track. Logic would lend one to be able to click on the folder and a drop down selection would have a choice for ganging controls, which tracks, and which controls.

You mean like a sub buss? I know I can create a stereo buff, route as many tracks to that as I want, control the gain on that sub-buss (like for bg vocals, drum subs, etc), and send that out to main. Is that what you're asking?

no, what I was talking about is to assign the gain module in all tracks in a folder to the sub with one click. That capability is not there. You have to go track by track assigning.

Back