Here are the other two Bomber songs (last of the 2" tape)

Just listened to Dancing On The Wall (I'll try to check out the others later) ...

Really great song with a great message. Pretty cool that you got airplay in Germany on this one! Congrats on that.

You guys wrote a very heartfelt song and the melody is really strong.

Great job!

Tom, drums were recorded in a booth that was practically covered with carpet, and then we'd spend night after night trying to liven them up. If we had it to do again, I think we'd drag 'em out to the main room and get natural room reverb. I agree with your assessment of them. I think I was the left-panned rhythm, I used my Tele through my old dinky Silvertone 1481, first amp I ever owned...and I still have it.
The electric guitar you're hearing in the second song was an Ibanez Strat, played by Bob Blackford, maybe through his Princeton Reverb...memory's a little fuzzy on that. I know Bob often used his Ross compressor when we recorded.
Gordy sang Hit Man, and Bob sang Dancing on the Wall.
Thanks for the listen, bro.

Guernica, thanks man! The male background voc (Jeff Wahler) is now a permanent member of the band, and is a great singer/guitar/bass player (triple threat!) Bob played the keys, including the horn patches (don't tell Lt. Bob they weren't real horns). I wish Lt. Bob had been in the neighborhood, real horns would've been killer.

Tim, thanks very much! I'll pass on your compliments to the rest of the guys at rehearsal tomorrow night.

Chris, you may be one of the few people who knows that JFK actually said he was a jelly donut. Hats off for knowing that piece of esoterica. :D
Drums on Hit Man were played by Marvin Kraft, he's still going strong, playing in a group in Indiana.
Thanks very much, my man.

Boydrj, thank you! The song was played on German national radio...I don't know how many times or for how long, but it was enough to get Bob and I registered with BMI. You should have heard the conversation I had with the station manager when I called to tell them about the song and to see if they'd play it, it was a comedy of errors as we tried to communicate long distance...but somehow it all worked out. In fact, I kept calling the person on the other end "sir" until she politely said, "Um, Mr. Gordon, I'm a vooman." :eek: :confused: :D

Mark

Hitman sounds pretty cool. A little heavy on the reverb but it's got a cool Fabulous Thunderbirds sound. It reminds of a tune that play over the credits of an 80's Stallone or Eddie Murphy movie.

Hitman is very cool...Another great "Soundtrack" kind of song, and I'm digging that 80's vibe to it. I imagine the Pointer Sisters doing the back up vocals.

Nice playing throughout and great vocals.

Too funny about the German Radio communication back and forth ... "But I Am A Vooman ..." hilarious!

Great songs!

Back