Help!

zhager

so im in a dilemma. i plan on starting to record myself on guitar (loading in drums and stuff from acoustica beat craft and tabit). i currently do not have an amp! I need to know which would be more beneficial. ive been looking at alot of interfaces. im interested in this :

alesis i02 Express audio Interface
(i like this because it comes with cubase)

OR

Behringer U-Control usb audio interface
and

Behringer XENYX 802 Mixer

sorry haha im just alittle cluesless when it comes to this stuff because i havent really been a techy person when it comes to recording equipment and software! but im learning!

Since you dont have an amp you should look into the line 6 stuff

-yeh i was thinking about that , i used to have a POD by line 6 and i liked it alot but i want something with a usb input. so thats why i thought the two above^ would be best. and im not sure if it comes with recording software.

Sorry, but forget the Behringer stuff. The U is a cheap a-to-d USB converter. The Xenyx is a mixer with marginal preamps and A-to-D (if you make sure to get the USB version).

What is your goal, besides getting your guitar signal into the computer? What's your budget.
Take a look at the Tascam US-800 still avalable on Amazon for $99. Comes with Cubase LE, has a guitar input.

i was thinking about that also , would i be able to use a mixer with it later, also a friend of mine suggested the avid m box. it comes with protools. which of the two would be better?

Back