Help with this one

Overall very harsh sound. The kick is overpowering but has no tone - but it's the only thing on the low end - I had to listen again to figure if there's a bass in there. I'm not a fan of the barebones rhythm guitar sound - was this done DIed? Everything is panned to the center.

I'm not a fan of the barebones rhythm guitar sound - was this done DIed?

No it's not DIed, it's a mic pointed to a Hot Rod Deluxe. When you say you're not a fan of barbones rhythm guitar, as opposed to what? I'll work on the panning, I hadn't noticed it was that bad. I have a habit of listening to something for a while and losing my critical ear about it. Thanks for taking the time, man!

No it's not DIed, it's a mic pointed to a Hot Rod Deluxe. When you say you're not a fan of barebones rhythm guitar, as opposed to what?
I asked if it was DIed because there doesn't seem to be any amp tone on the guitar, but now you say it's a HRD, I can sort of hear it - but you need to work on your amp settings, and maybe crank it up some. What guitar did you use and how new are the strings? ;) The lead guitar tone was fine, was that also through the HRD? But - it's your song, go for the tone YOU like.

The whole mix sounds very centered and far back.
The guitar is too loud and the drums and vocal are too quiet.

I like the guitar tone.

As far as arrangement goes....for the first 40 seconds there isn't much to pull you in. After the long beginning...the vocal should take over but it's too far back in the mix to do it. As a bed...it's going to be hard to stick stuff in between that guitar. It's a wall of sound. I'd use that rhythm throughout the song but I'd also find a couple of more ways to present that guitar, the others being far more sparse....to give you room to arrange some room for more different sounds.

I like the vibe of this though...a lot more could be done with this.

Back