Help with setting up my equipment? Which inputs and cables?

Martallika666

Hi guys, I'm not new to the home recording scene but I am new to recording vocals. I have an AKG perception 220 connected to a Behringer XENYX 802 connected to a Behringer Composer MDX2200 connected to a Line 6 UX1.

1) should I use XLR or TRS cables?

2) should I use the mic input on the UX1 if I'm running all this equipment into it or the L and R inputs on te back?

Any help is much appreciated! I'm in a pickle!

Cheers! M.

I'd just plug the mic into the UX1 and leave it at that. The preamp is better and there isn't all that other... stuff... in the chain.

Wow... thanks a bunch. That didn't help me at all. And that "crappy gear" is all I can afford to buy thanks, I'm not exactly swimming in cash. Just spent a lot of my hard earned wages on this stuff, quite excited about the prospect of recording my vocals, so don't need your shitty negative attitude.

The 220 needs to be phantom powered, the UX1 does not supply phantom power, the xenyx does, that's why I'm using it.

Can anyone help me? Please. I don't need any "buy better equipment" responses. I'm an amateur, I do this for fun. Don'tt ruin it for me.

Sometimes it's just best to be blunt. Sorry about that.

I use some Behringer stuff too, when it can get the job done. In your case there are better options for solving the phantom power problem, e.g. the Peavey PS2C, that will just provide phantom without any effect on the sound. As for the Composer, there is no good reason for it to be in your signal chain. All my experience with Behringer compressors has been negative, hence my negative and honest response.

Back