help with room

wanttomix

Hi, I was hoping for some advice on how to treat my room very low budget. I have two rooms a small one and a big one . the big room LxWxH is around 11x9x8 and. the small room is around 11x6.5x8 both rooms have a ceiling that is angled from the roof taking away one top angle. me talking in one room verse the other, the small room sounds more boxy and the big room sounds to have more re-verb. would it be better for me to acoustically treat the big or small room? i know i would need more panels for the large room so it would be more money which i don't want but would it create a better sound for recording and a more accurate mix? also with the small room because its so tiny could i get away with no bass traps? I cant afford my acoustic panels yet so if i were to treat the rooms just using blankets and stuff (real home brew crap) do you think it would be better to do blankets in the large room or small room as a temporary fix until i buy my panels

What are you recording? Bigger is always better. Blankets won't get rid of boxiness, they'll only make it worse.
By the way, I'd call your rooms 'small' and 'smaller'!

What are you recording? Bigger is always better. Blankets won't get rid of boxiness, they'll only make it worse.
By the way, I'd call your rooms 'small' and 'smaller'!

I want to record acoustic guitar and singing. I don't know much about recording. i know that acoustic panels stop certain frequencies and that blankets depending on the type and thickness with only cut the top end and not the bass and mid like panels will, but wouldn't the blankets be better than nothing? so blankets would make the small room sound worse and even more boxy? would i be better off with the blankets in the larger room or small room? ill be buying clothes hanger racks super cheap from the store and be draping blankets over them very thick. i have lots of heavy blankets and unused clothing to use. eventually next month i will be buying safe and sound insulation and making a better set up. just trying to figure out what to do for now and what to do later.

Back