Help with Recording

masterofpuppets

Hey guys, I search for this problem but I didnt find anything. First things first, the equipment I'm using is a Tascam 424 MKIII, SM 57, SHURE drum mic kit, and a audio buddy if needed. My problem is that I cant hear my rhythm guitar when recording drums so we always get out of time. I was just wondering if t here are any fixes for that? I have turned the level on my moniters way up but it dosent help. I know I should record drums first but it is just easier for all of us to record drums second. Any answers for this, or should we just record drums first? Thanks for any help.

Here's one suggestion: If your guitarist's amp has a headphone jack on it, get a splitter and run two sets of headphones to it, then have your guitar player play along with you while you track the drums. It's sort of the way it's done in pro studios, where they put the rhythm guitar is the drummer's headphone monitors while he is playing. Just the drums get recorded.

Thanks

Thanks Rokket, we'll try that. And as for killing me (the drummer) I guess we could but than my band would be out of jam space. Thanks again for the help, this forum is a great place to learn these things.

masterofpuppets said:
well I am not a legend I can tell you that, more like a drumming myth. I like to think I drum but no one really knows.

I don't drum, so have great respect for one who does/can.

Back