Help with problem in pro tools..

mjm620

I just got pro tools and I moved my session from Adobe Audition into Pro Tools but noticed that 2 tracks are BARELY but noticeably off tempo towards the end of the song. I have NO problem at all in Audition but I have to send all the pro tools session files to my engineer to finish and now I'm having this problem. I have no idea what it could be, but I did have to convert a WAV file to MP3 because pro tools didn't support WAV. :confused:

Your help is GREATLY appreciated..

Thanks!

I just got pro tools and I moved my session from Adobe Audition into Pro Tools but noticed that 2 tracks are BARELY but noticeably off tempo towards the end of the song. I have NO problem at all in Audition but I have to send all the pro tools session files to my engineer to finish and now I'm having this problem. I have no idea what it could be, but I did have to convert a WAV file to MP3 because pro tools didn't support WAV. :confused:

Your help is GREATLY appreciated..

Thanks!
Pro Tools not supporting WAV is like saying music doesn't support instruments. This is not an insult, its to inform you..As a matter of fact I think .AIFF and .WAV are the default filetypes. You need to purchase the mp3 converter for pro tools to even deal with mp3 outputs. All you did was take a mp3 file and convert it to either an AIFF or WAV file when you imported it into PT (depending on your session settings)

Secondly, your timing issue could be a slew of things, and I'm sure all the pt geeks will soon chip in (just wanted to be the first).

Did you have any effects, sends, dynamic control on any of those tracks in Audition?

Where you using the ASIO driver and PT device to playback Audition or where you using your computer's sound card? The change of clocking could have caused a timing issue, or more likely, in Audition, you recorded with the computer sound card, and you never noticed the latency prior to bouncing it and bringing it into PT.

Either way, you can just use Nudge, and realign them in your PT session to where your ear tells you it should be.

PWhere you using the ASIO driver and PT device to playback Audition or where you using your computer's sound card? The change of clocking could have caused a timing issue, or more likely, in Audition, you recorded with the computer sound card, and you never noticed the latency prior to bouncing it and bringing it into PT

Whilst this could be true, it seems unlikely that it would only affect a few tracks.

OP: don't convert the files to MP3. Create a Pro Tools session at the same sample rate and bit depth, and import the .wav's directly into PT. There should be timing issues relating to a few tracks; if there was some sort of clocking and/or sample rate problem, it would affect all tracks universally.

Back