Help with Melodyne

Robbb

PLEASE HELP. I was editing my vocals in melodyne in logic pro, when randomly, something got switched and changed my track to polyphonic. Now instead of notes, it shows number on the far left, and I can't edit the pitch of anything. I dont know what I did to change this, and I can't figure out how to fix it because when I go to the algorithm menu, the option to change the track back to monophonic isn't available.

Attachments

• 20210829_184037.jpg
    20210829_184037.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 6
PLEASE HELP. I was editing my vocals in melodyne in logic pro, when randomly, something got switched and changed my track to polyphonic. Now instead of notes, it shows number on the far left, and I can't edit the pitch of anything. I dont know what I did to change this, and I can't figure out how to fix it because when I go to the algorithm menu, the option to change the track back to monophonic isn't available.
Hit Cntrl Z to go back.

Well ya, I could restart from scratch. But I was hoping to find a solution without losing my work
I'll assume you've closed without saving and re-opened the project to see if the last save had the mode unchanged?

I haven't used Melodyne recently (not that my vocals don't need it, just haven't been recording separate tracks), but I'm pretty sure if the algorithm changes, any edits made in a different mode go out the window. If "undo" isn't working, and you don't have a backup (Time Machine version?), you may have to re-do the edits. I've found they always go faster the second time :o ...

Here's how you do it:

On the menu, click Algorithm. Sometimes you can change it right there, sometimes it's greyed out. If so, click on Default and change it to the one you want. Sometimes it does this immediately and informs you it's rescanning. When it doesn't, close the Melodyne window and reopen it. This will do the trick.

Timbo

Back