Help with looping in Sonar 2.0XL

Antz_Marchin

I'm just trying to do a quick version of John Mayer's "Your Body is a Wonderland". The main riff repeats endlessly throughout the entire song. How can I do this once and then make it repeat over adn over so I can just sing to it and not actually haev to play the same riff over and over 80 times and possibly mess up the 78th.

I've figured out how to loop it vaguely but it's not smooth at all and seems very mechanical switch from the end of the loop to the start of the next. Is there any way of making it sound natural adn smooth like I'm actually playing each time???

Also on on the same topic. I'm trying to just play the chorus once and then copy and paste it into the next spot that I want it. Is there any way of it being just this simple to build a song off arranging and copying a few recorded riffs??? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. - Thanks. -BJ

What I would do:

1) Cut all clips over the main riff, so you can select the main riff over all tracks in one go...
2) Copy the main riff 3 times
3) Enable cross-fade (hit X) and slip-edit the middle main riff over at nr 1 and nr 3.
4) Delete nr 3 and copy nr 2 over and over and over and over...

Hmmm.... are you confused? I sure am, but at least I know what I mean... ;)

Yes Moskus, I'm confused indeed.....thanks for the attempt but if you could possibly expand or clarify I'd appreciate it so much. I'm not getting anywhere trying to do the 4 minute song perfect when I really only need to repeat a 12 second riff adn a 35 second chorus if I can figure this stuff out. - Thanks again-BJ

Back