help with electrician

k bucks

hey, no luck finding the root of my radio interference, but i managed to fuck up one of my outlets today (and almost kill myself). the good news is, the electrician will be back in for another visit. this may seem strange but i'm not quite sure what to ask him to ease my mind about the grounding situation of my apartment (so i can eliminate that cause and start to look at other things). it seems like what i said last time only caused him to think i was on drugs (he claimed i was hearing things and i should call radio shack). should i ask him if a particular outlet is grounded or if the utility box is grounded or both? what can i say to this guy that won't confuse or intimidate him into slowly backing out of the apartment? is it a pain in the ass to check this stuff out (i have no idea)? could any electricians help translate my thoughts?
thanks

For $10-$15 you can go to Home Depot and get a plug that you plug into the outlet and it will tell you if it's wired right, phase reversed, grounded, etc. I'd try that route and SHOW him if there's a problem. The meter can't be on drugs... ;)

Stuff

Maybe too late but...

The neutral should only go to ground at the panel.

You should have a separate circuit or two for you apt. That might be a big job though if you don't.

I'd recommend an UPS unit with a 60hz sine wave generator to remove harmonic distortion if you can't get a fix.

Any electrician should be able to verify that you have a viable ground.

But he can't help out with RF interference. Unless you can hire him to build a grounded enclosure all around your apartment.

Back