help with delta 66 installation!!!

nonethelessband

you guys have helped me out in the past and i believe yiou will this time. Heres my deal. I just bought a delta 66 audio card and have yet to start the installation. Is it possible to set it up and still use my old soudblaster sound card as another input off my mixer. I use my home sterion receiver for monitor. What should I do to connect that to the delta? I have a dell 4400 and im using a omni studio set up. Should I run my sterio into the monitor out put on the substation. Any clues or series of steps to set this up to ork with my cakewalk sonar 2xl! Rip me apart guys

Thanks

You should be able to run your delta 66 alongside your soundblaster as long as they don't want to share IRQs. You won't be able to record from both at the same time though as there's nothing to sync them.

For monitoring I would just get a pair of 1/4"-RCA cables and hook a couple of the 66 outputs to your receiver

thanks alot man

thanks , i was getting nervous about what to do. I checked the IRQ and soundblaster is on 21 and delta on 23. There is a cable that can go from 1/4 to rca? that would be my best option I think. I am having problems with my software which is sonar 2. Im not sure how to configure the adio set to best suit this set up. And on the delta 66 patch /router and monitor mixer is confusing me also, any help i would be grateful

You can get cables that go from anything to just about anything, phantom power notwithstanding. I'm using my Soundblaster as a MIDI interface alongside my Delta 44 with no problems. Just install it and find out where the windows settings are.

The problem will come when you want Windows to send normal sound through your Delta, tricky but not impossible. The trick is the 'virtual devices' that the Deltas have. What appears in the Sound options to be Delta 1/2 will be the Wave Out 1/2 in your Monitor Mixer software, unless you're changing default recording options, in which case it will be the Hardware In 1/2. I've not figured out what 'Delta Multi' is yet.

Agreed. One option is to connect the SB to your 66 via SPDIF cable. That allows you to use the Delta as the Windows default for all record and playback, and to do MIDI stuff via the SB and output to the 66. This is how I do it.

wren

Back