help with cubase!!!

kaibil1

i just get my new audi/midi interface that came with free cubase le but when im installing it almos at the end of instalation gives me this message:::regedit is not a valid windows application:::what a heck is that?
thanks in advance

kaibil1 said:
i just get my new audi/midi interface that came with free cubase le but when im installing it almos at the end of instalation gives me this message:::regedit is not a valid windows application:::what a heck is that?
thanks in advance
Regedit is your system registry editor you may need to add the directory that contains it to your path, howver, this is usually set up at installation time., so if it is not in your path, you have hosed something.

from your start menu's run command dialog type regedit.

fraserhutch said:
Regedit is your system registry editor you may need to add the directory that contains it to your path, howver, this is usually set up at installation time., so if it is not in your path, you have hosed something.

from your start menu's run command dialog type regedit.

i did it and shows the same message....thanks for your help

So I guess you know how to go about fixing it - seach your filesystem for regedit and add its directory to your search path.

However, seems to me that if you've hosed that somehow, you're looking at potentially bigger problems down the road.

Try to fix your system integrity by typing SFC /scannow at the command prompt. Just afraid your system was affected by virus.

Yeah, I'm thinking you got a virus aswell. Regedit is a key component of windows. I would have thought that without it you won't be able to boot windows at all, but I guess you can. At any rate, you need to find/get that file, or you will run into more and more problems.

To be accurate, regedit is not itself a key component to the system, it is just the registry editor, and a user app. Now, if his registry was hacked or damaged, then he would be unable to boot windows. But you can live without regedit. In fact, I woudl hazard a guess that > 90% of windows users have never even opened regedit.

The problem here I would suspect is either a pathing issue, or he has somehow deleted regedit.

Back