Help with computer microphone setup!!! PLEASE

azoutes

I recently bought a cobalt Co9 and an icicle converter for it took hook up into my computer along with a live wire microphone cable to hook up the microphone to my icicle converter. Everything is set up and the computer reads the voice input from the microphone, however the input received by the microphone is very quiet, no matter what it is, even if it is me snapping. For example, I started up a game to test it out and record (I'm currently using LoiLo game recorder) and after counting to five and then snapping ten times, I couldn't here the verbal audio at all and the snapping barely came in, I turned the game volume down and the results remained the same. When I tried to configure the microphone it was in the red and only went to green if I shouted, so it isn't the game or recording software, please help soon as I wish to record as much as possible before I become busy with college. Thank you for your help and consideration :)

I don't have the specs on either the mic or the USB converter, but I surmise that the preamp in the icicle is just not strong enough for that mic.

From the FAQ from Blue's Icicle support page...... have you already tried this?

"My recording is not loud enough.
Increase the gain by turning the Icicle's gain knob clockwise. Increase your computer's input gain, or try decreasing the distance between your microphone and your sound source."

The Cobalt C09 is actually a pretty hot output mic (3.2mv/Pa) compared to other dynamic mics and might drive the Icicle OK.

Do you have a control panel for the Icicle like below..... (this is a Mac, don't know if Windows has similar)

Attachments

• icicle_gain_control.jpg
    icicle_gain_control.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 1
Back