Help with Audition / E-MU 0404

noiseordinance

This freaking patchmix software is driving me nuts. I know it bugs other people, as the consensus is that patchmix totally sucks ass. At any rate, I'm stuck with it for now until I can buy something better. I'm using the PCI E-MU 0404 with Adobe Audition 3.0 and could use some serious pointers. I have created a Wave 1/2 strip to get Windows audio. I have also created a PCI Card in L strip which picks up my instrument signal and allows recording into Audition. The part I can't understand is setting up an ASIO strip and getting it to work with VST effects and whatnot, like Amplitube... Anyone out there using patchmix and can give me some pointers?

Ok, so I loaded the newest session available on the E-MU site. When I open Audition, my ASIO strip becomes active on the Patchmix software, which is good as I can use amplitube. However, I'm noticing the characteristics of My PCI In L/R are slightly different than my ASIO strip. Namely, the ASIO strip seems to buzz if I send it too much of a signal, even though it's not actually clipping on the meter whatsoever. In a nutshell, if I set my PCI In strip to solo, I can hit a sting on the bass and it'll sound just fine, but if I set ASIO strip to solo, it buzzes as if it's clipping. Could this be a setting in Audition and the way it's interacting with ASIO?

Back