Help with an assignment about MIDI?

Callum

Hey guys, I have just begun a college assignment in which I am writing about the history and development of MIDI and I was wondering if anyone could lend a tiny bit of assistance.

I am going to begin the assignment by talking about the different ways of communication between electronic instruments before MIDI but as a youngster I am truly oblivious to most of these. I am aware of Control Voltage however my knowledge of it is quite limited. If anyone is clued up on the pre MIDI days at all the passing on of knowledge would be much appreciated.

May I suggest that you start by going here CV/Gate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia it will explain the basics and the hyperlinks will take you to no end of places that will give you more detailed information.

A piece of advice.
Don't cut and paste from any of these sites. Many educators know of these resources and will be all too aware of their content.
If you use any tables or use direct quotations you find, give credit to the source.
Learned articles are full of references. It will show you have done your homework.

Hope that helps?

Google books is your friend.
100% got me through any courses I've done. :)

Something like this might be useful, but honestly, just go to google books and type the word midi in. You'll get all sorts.

Remember, just cos the books isn't called 'history of midi' doesn't mean it wont cover it.

Email Dave Smith (just go to the DSI site and grab the general email), I'd be HIGHLY surprised if he wouldn't help you out or at least give you something cool to go on

Back